Positions available for Dog Daycare Attendants
*Please read this entire listing carefully and in its entirety before considering submitting your CV. We need to be the right fit for you as much as you need to be the right fit for us!*
Dogs HQ seeks Melbourne’s top dog day care attendant to join our close knit pack at our Abbotsford dog day care facility.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you:• Have experience working with dogs in a ‘pack’ environment i.e. supervising and being able to have complete control of many dogs together in an open area.
A dog training or handling qualification is highly desirable but must be accompanied with relevant working experience.
Being the dominant leader of a large pack is a skill gained only from extensive experience. The ability to observe a dogs body language and signals, how they communicate with each other, understanding ‘normal’ dog behaviour, when to correct and when not to are all necessary attributes for a quality dog care attendant.
At Dogs HQ we offer a generous wage package, an excellent working environment and the opportunity for further training. The job itself, although it can be exhausting and stressful at times, is extremely rewarding and highly satisfying for the right person.
- Have a natural affinity towards animals.
- Have the confidence and patience to control and handle dogs of any breed, size and demeanour.
- Have a great awareness of dog body language, be able to recognise signals that could indicate a confrontation and be able to divert the dogs attention to avoid negative behaviour and reinforce positive behaviour.
- Be highly observant and aware that the safety and welfare of the dogs is of the utmost importance at all times.
- Be able to work autonomously, show initiative and multi-task.
- Must be prepared to do the unpleasant jobs, as eagerly and efficiently as the fun ones! Cleaning up various dog messes is part of the daily routine and is essential to keeping a comfortable, clean and sanitary environment for both the staff and our dogs.
- Have exceptional communication skills with fellow employees and clients. Fluent written and verbal English is essential.
- Have excellent customer service skills and be able to uphold the high standards Dogs HQ requires and that our clients expect.
- Do not have any allergies that prevent you working in close contact with dogs for prolonged periods.
- Are responsible, reliable and punctual.
If you feel you fit all the above criteria and want to dedicate your time and passion to all things canine then please submit your CV along with a one page cover letter explaining why you think you are the best possible candidate for this job to:
Laura - Owner
(03) 9415 8885